Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge

December 20, 2013

Peanut butter chocolate fudge prep

I’m resting easy this evening.  My holiday menus are planned, Christmas greetings sent and a few pretty presents nestled under the tree.  My daughter is on her way home; the merriest Christmas is about to begin.

Tonight we will sit and catch up; not that we don’t chat daily, at a minimum twice a day.  But tonight I will see her pretty face, the pups will lick her all over and all will be perfect as the beauty of life is not in the grand events but in the small, everyday moments we cherish.

Peanut butter chocolate fudge

Tomorrow we bake!  This is totally the first time Gina has offered to bake cookies with me and I am so thrilled.  Trust me when I tell you, this little girl just never wanted to be in the kitchen when she was growing up.  All my visions of baking cookies with my little girl….no, nada, not interested at all, not even sprinkling candies on the cookies!

But all that is changing this year and I cannot be any happier.  As I anxiously wait, I prepared this quick fudge to have on hand tonight.  Healthy no, but it is just once a year :)

Peanut butter chocolate fudge prep1

Poured into a 8×8 pan and refrigerate to set for about 4 hours.  (For a swirled effect, pour the peanut butter mixture in the pan and then dollop on the chocolate, swirling with a knife for a marbled look.)

Peanut butter chocolate fudge prep2Cut into squares and serve as is, or as I did, with crushed chocolate espresso beans and course sugar!  Yum!!

Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge

½ cup unsalted butter

¼ teaspoon kosher salt

2 cups packed brown sugar

½ cup whole milk

1½ cup peanut butter, creamy or chunky

1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

2 cups powdered sugar

Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper or foil.

In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar, milk and salt and stir until mixture starts to bubble. Allow mixture to boil for 2 minutes.  Remove from heat stir in vanilla and peanut butter.

Separately, melt the chocolate chips until smooth.  Place the peanut butter mixture, chocolate and powdered sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.  Pour into a prepared 8×8 baking dish. Cover with foil and refrigerate for 4 hours. Cut into squares.  Depending on the cut of the squares, makes about 16-20.

1. December 20, 2013 8:45 pm

Wonderful – I’m up far too late, watching Christmas in Connecticut.
    Merry Christmas :-)

2. December 20, 2013 8:48 pm

Oooh, yes you are!! Merry Christmas!!

3. December 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Ooh, what tasty treats!

4. December 20, 2013 9:52 pm

Two of my favorite flavors together. I definitely have to make this recipe. Have a wonderful holiday with your daughter.

5. December 21, 2013 6:51 am

Sounds like the beginning of a magnificent Christmas. Cooking together sounds very special. Merry Christmas!

• December 23, 2013 10:46 am

Thank you Maureen, it was very special to me. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas!

6. December 21, 2013 10:55 am

Peanut butter and chocolate fudge, YUM!! Have a very Merry Christmas.

7. December 21, 2013 11:28 am

I am good for one or two pieces of fudge every Christmas, though I’ve never made my own. What a great way to welcome your girl home ~ what a treat! I too have anticipated our kids coming in the door, my arms ache to hug their necks even if we do touch base through text or calls regularly. So pleased for you that you will be in the kitchen together too ~ that is precious time right there. Priceless. Merry Christmas, Linda! :)

• December 23, 2013 10:32 am

Merry Christmas to you too Judy and your family! Family is what this season is all about and whatever moments I can capture with them, I cherish!!

8. December 21, 2013 12:07 pm

Wishing you a wonderful time in the kitchen with your daughter and all the next days that you have together with your children!

And a blessed and wonderful Christmas!

• December 23, 2013 10:37 am

Thank you Liz. I had her going non-stop and we only really made half of the amount of cookies I would normally bake!

Enjoy the beauty of the snow on Christmas and the overall feeling it adds to the season, that is what I miss the most. Wishing you a blessed and Merry Christmas.

9. December 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Have a great time with your daughter! Us girls here will be baking, too!

• December 23, 2013 10:38 am

Thanks Ginger! My best memories of being with my mom was when we were baking together!

10. December 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Oh yummy, you can never go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate! Such a classic combo and I love the salt on top! They look so beautiful too! Merry Christmas :)

• December 23, 2013 10:39 am

Merry Christmas Brandi! these are a classic combination…maybe next year I can do it healthier!!

11. December 22, 2013 11:45 pm

This is dangerous good, Lynda, for me, at least. If I don’t have a destination in mind for fudge — peanut butter fudge no less — it will “disappear” quicker than it took for me to make it. Yours just looks so good, though. Did I mention I have a weakness for peanut butter fudge? Maybe I’ve got more self-discipline than the last time I made fudge. Yeah, that’s it. The old me would have eaten it all. The new me will have a piece and leave the rest for my guests. The new me will, also, make a double batch, just in case the old me shows up
    Buona Natale, Linda!

• December 23, 2013 10:43 am

lol, John! Trust me, these are getting packed up for gifting! Had I known, I’d be shipping one off to you! Even the cookies….I love to bake and bake…and then can’t wait to get them out of my home!! Tis the season, and then we eat healthy!

Buona Natale John!

12. December 23, 2013 9:03 am

I am so happy for you and your girl to finally be heading home for the holiday and baking with mom. What a great day this will be! I think she has been reading your blog and just realized all the expertise she has been missing out on and finally is ready to get on board.

• December 23, 2013 10:45 am

We had a great day and I was so thrilled to bake with her. She was ready to take a nap midway through, but I kept pushing her along!

13. December 26, 2013 3:46 pm

Easy and Fudge and not two words I should know about!!! But now I do I shall put them and your recipe to good use :)
    And how wonderful you and your girl will be together, baking or just hanging out. Wishing you a super Happy New Year x

14. December 27, 2013 5:01 pm

I hope you had a wonderful holiday Linda. These sure look good. I wonder how’d they be if some of them had course salt and not sugar…

15. December 29, 2013 3:38 pm

I hope your Christmas was wonderful. Your fudge looks terrific…I like the way you topped it.

16. January 1, 2014 6:01 pm

You and your daughter sound like me and my mom…we chat at least twice a day! haha. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I can’t believe it’s all over all ready. I wish it could last all year long! And this fudge will definitely be added to next year’s cookie/candy list ;) Happy New Year, Linda!